Setup Topaz Signature Pad
To setup the Topaz signature pad:
- Remove all previous Topaz software by following these software removal instructions.
- Download and save the latest version of SigWeb by clicking on the following link.: http://www.topazsystems.com/software/sigweb.exe
- When the download has been saved, double-click the file to begin setup and continue through the install process.
- Restart your computer.
- Press Ctrl F5 to refresh your browser.
- Once complete, test this page: https://www.sigplusweb.com/sigwebtablet_demo.htm
- The signature pad will work once the installation is complete.
- Confirm the browser being used is Firefox. Firefox and Chrome are both supported. However, the Topaz software is more stable and works more consistently with Firefox. The Topaz software may work with Chrome but performance may be inconsistent.
- Refresh the browser once by tapping the F5 key at the top of your keyboard.
- Ensure there is no other tab open with the demo site. The sig pad will only work with one instance of the demo site open.
- Check the connection by making sure the USB cable is plugged in securely.
- Unplug and replug the sig pad into a different USB port.
- Reboot the computer (if you haven't already).
- If the signature pad demo site does not work, go to "Start" -> Run -> type in "cmd" and hit enter.
- A black dos window will be displayed. Type in "ping tablet.sigwebtablet.com" hit enter, you should see an IP of 127.0.0.1 being displayed,
- If that IP is not displayed, you will need to edit the host file by following the below steps:
- Locate Notepad, right click and select the option to run as administrator.
- Select File -> Open, locate the file using the following directory: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" file: "127.0.0.1
- Modify the line toward the bottom of the file where "127.0.01" is present. Remove the hashtag (#) from the beginning of that line and change "localhost" to "tablet.sigwebtablet.com" . Do not use the quotations.
- File -> Save As -> Select file types to "all" instead of "txt" -> click Save
- Try using the sig pad again.
- Contact Level 2 Support Team.
IF THE DEMO SITE DOES NOT WORK:
- If the demo site does not work after going through the basic troubleshooting steps, contact Topaz support for the next steps. 805-520-8286
IF THE DEMO SITE WORKS BUT THE SIGNATURE PAD DOES NOT WORK WHEN TAKING PAYMENT:
- Confirm the browser being used is Firefox. Firefox and Chrome are both supported, however, the Topaz software is the most stable with Firefox.
- Confirm that the demo site is not open on another tab or browser window (only one signing box can be open at a time).
- Refresh the browser by hitting Ctrl F5.
- Reboot the computer if that hasn't been done already.
- Confirm the correct installation has been done. If unsure, uninstall and reinstall the software.
- Contact your Merchant Services Support team.